Who? What? Where?
This exchange is a follow up of a project that took place in autumn 2017.
we will gather 28 participants from the age of 18 to 25 year coming from 4 countries : Serbia, Belgium, France, and Greece
Every partner gets the chance to bring 6 youngsters and 1 groupsleader.
The exchange will be settled in Belgium. In the youthcenter Destelheide in Dworp, close to Brussels.
Aims of the project:
> Talk about gender equality with young people
> Raise awareness about current inequalities.
> Question gender stereotypes through playfull activities and educational materials
– Intercultural meetings on the theme : intercultural activities, theoretical knowledge and work with materials
– Co-construction and common creation of a theatre scene based on participants’ experience (Physical theatre).
– Performance by the participants of the theatre scene in Destelheide (forum theatre, participatory theatre)
Results and impacts on long term are:
– raising awareness on the topic so that projects on this theme can be developed at local level within the different structures in the different countries.
– raise awareness on the topic and create debate on the theme within young visitors of Destelheide.
Expected results and impacts:
– Young participants and youth workers acquired some theoretical knowledge on the theme and are aware of the transnational dimension of gender inequalities.
– The youngsters understood the importance and legitimacy to question on men and women representations, relationships and stereotypes.
– Young participants organize in their own structure an activity on the same topic towards young people in order to disseminate their knowledge.
– Youth workers developed and consolidated their understanding on the thematic and can implement projects or activities when back in their own structure.
English – all participants must be able to communicate using English language.
from 12th till 19th of August 2018 (travel dates included)
Destelheide – Belgium
Project number: 2018-1-BE05-KA105-002407
You can also check out the video by Barbara Jovanovic (EVS in Destelheide) made with footage from the workshops of the exchange: https://www.facebook.com/Destelheide/videos/249963292370297/
For more information concerning the theater techniques, you can take a look at the links below: